Professional and Personal Information
I have been counseling and coaching individuals since I got out of graduate school in 1987 with a Masters degree in Counseling.
I believe we are all born with a seed of genius meant to impact the world. For more than two decades, I have been educating, equipping and empowering people to unleash their genius and to find their purpose in life.
You either become what you were created to be, seeing the reality of your purpose and contribution to the world, or you ponder them as missed opportunities at life’s end.
- I’ve had a successful private practice doing marriage and family counseling.
- I was part of a start-up financial services firm as the HR Director.
- Started and owned a successful executive recruiting business.
- Traveled internationally to network with Christian businessmen and do leadership coaching.
- Started and owned a speciality toy store.
- Counseled chemical dependent adolescents in locked facilities.
- Worked with inner-city gang kids.
- Started student led leadership groups in high schools.
- Coached college students in career development.
- I was fired from a job because my entrepreneurial drive didn’t match the non-entrepreneurial environment.
- Washed commercial and residential windows because I had a family to feed.
- I was a coach before coaching was cool.
Looking back over my life, I’ve had some success and a few more failures. Honestly, epic failures. Non of which I would give up because of the valuable experience gained and lessons learned.
I’ve been married for 34 years to the same girl that I dated in high school. In fact, I was 15 and she was 14 on our first “date”. I guess not much of a date since we just hung out together in our church youth group.
We have four kids that, by God’s grace, we’ve raised through a trouble free adolescence into adults. I can say that this has been my greatest accomplishment so far in life.
- I’ve run a marathon and two half marathons with one of my daughters.
- Completed a bicycle tour of over 2000 miles from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico.
- Winter camping and wilderness snowshoeing.
- Canoeing throughout the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, (BWCA).
- Backpacking in the Rockies. The background image on the home page is the location of a 10 day trip with 3 friends in 2014.
- August, 2014 my oldest son and I rode together in a century cycling event.
If you are interested in knowing your Why and purpose in life, then consider joining me in my Discover Your Why Mastermind Course.
My Why: To inspire others to know their purpose in life so that their life will count for something great.