DitchingSuburbia.com is for families who’ve achieved the ‘American Dream’ but find it boring. Or unfulfilling. Or a lie.
Michael and his family had seemed to achieve the American Dream. They were comfortable with what they had and where they were living. But, as life happens, it can cause a ripple effect. A layoff, a random discussion about traveling, homeschooling, it all started to line up.
They took off on a 1 year trip and they were hooked. This is their story of ditching suburbia.
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- How it all started
- Why they went from traveling 1 year to full-time
- Be engaged in life for change to happen
- Is traveling full-time for everyone
- What motivates them to continue their lifestyle
- What is the American Dream and why are people disillusioned
Links to resources mentioned:
- So You Don’t Want to Go to Church Anymore by Wayne Jacobsen
- He Loves Me
- Finding Church
- Ditching Suburbia